What’s the problem with IoT-enabled pet feeders? Can hacking ever be illustrated without a hoodie? And just how are landlords using smart home technology to snoop upon their residents?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist and broadcaster David McClelland.
David McClelland – @DavidMcClelland
- Security researcher gets access to all Xiaomi pet feeders around the world — ZDNet.
- Xiaomi crowdfunds the Furrytail Pet Smart Feeder with app control for 199 yuan ($28) — Gizmochina.
- How to say Xiaomi — BBC News.
- Xiaomi Furrytail Boss Cat Bed — YouTube.
- Remember that competition for non-hoodie hacker pics? Here's their best entries — The Register.
- Cybersecurity visuals challenge finalist catalog (PDF)
- SmartRent – Smart Apartment Solutions.
- Smart home tech can help evict renters, surveillance company tells landlords — CNet.
- SmartRent funding heralds new wave in 'smart home' market — Reuters.
- Sci-fi interfaces.
- Did Stanley Kubrick invent the iPad? — BFI.
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About The World – And Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling — Amazon.
- The Joy of Stats, Hans Rosling's 200 countries, 200 years, 4 minutes — BBC Four.
- Joe Rogan Experience #1368 – Edward Snowden — YouTube.
- Joe Rogan Edward Snowden Podcast Interview Transcript: Rogan Spends Almost 3 Hours Interviewing Snowden.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.