Kalashnikov unveils its “smart” shotgun, San Diego struggles with its street lights, and a researcher reveals how he found a way to hack every Tesla on the planet.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by David McClelland.
David McClelland – @DavidMcClelland
- Kalashnikov smart shotgun – MP-155 Ultima.
- Kalashnikov reveals first Russian-made smart shotgun MP-155 Ultima — YouTube.
- Mike Jernigan, blind veteran, uses a TrackingPoint system to land a 300+ yard shot — YouTube.
- See how a self-aiming sniper rifle can be remotely hacked — Hot for Security.
- Tesla Network Vulnerability Report – 2017-03-24 (Annotated) — Google Docs.
- The Big Tesla Hack: A hacker gained control over the entire fleet, but fortunately he's a good guy — Electrek.
- Smart Streetlights Program — City of San Diego.
- Cops Tap Smart Streetlights Sparking Controversy and Legislation — IEEE Spectrum.
- Mayor orders San Diego's Smart Streetlights turned off until surveillance ordinance in place — The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Mayor was right to shut off Smart Streetlights — The San Diego Union-Tribune.
- Hints of life on Venus — University of Manchester.
- "This Is Paris – The Real Story of Paris Hilton" — YouTube.
- “This is Paris” is a quixotic redemption story about what it means to be a human and a brand at once — Salon.com.
- Moriarty's Game: A Killer in the Hive.
- Castolog – a podcast recommendation podcast — That’s Not Canon Productions.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Immersive Labs delivers hands-on, challenge-based training and exercises to make your team ready to fight real-world threats.
Check out their free ebook all about the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and how you can use it as part of your cyber skills strategy and improve your security posture by identifying weaknesses. Visit immersivelabs.com/smashing now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.