Coffee machines catching ransomware, Blacklight shines a torch on website tracking, and a woman is freaked out that a complete stranger can turn off her home’s security system.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
And don’t miss our featured interview with Greg Jensen from Oracle, who talks all about five free reports he has put together for listeners about cloud security.
- Trojan Room coffee pot — Wikipedia.
- Trojan Room Coffee Machine — Department of Computer Science and Technology, Cambridge University.
- Reversing the Smarter Coffee IoT Machine Protocol to Make Coffee Using the Terminal — Evil Socket.
- The Fresh Smell of ransomed coffee — Martin Hron, Avast Threat Labs.
- When coffee makers are demanding a ransom, you know IoT is screwed — Ars Technica.
- What a hacked coffee machine looks like — YouTube.
- Blacklight — The Markup.
- What They Know … Now — The Markup.
- Smart Home Security Market Share, Size & Forecast to 2024 — Market data forecast.
- Smart home penetration rates — Statista.
- New homeowner 'freaked out' when stranger took control of her security system — CBC News.
- Confirmed: 2 Billion Records Exposed In Massive Smart Home Device Breach — Forbes.
- John Miles – Music — YouTube.
- You Can't Unhear This — YouTube.
- The Mystery Singer in All You Need Is Love — YouTube.
- New Climate Maps Show a Transformed United States — ProPublica.
- Hank the Cowdog — Apple Podcasts.
- Matthew Mcconaughey Lincoln MKZ Commercials compilation — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Check out the free cloud security reports that Oracle is making available for listeners of “Smashing Security” and learn how organizations can make security an essential part of the culture of their business.
Read the free reports at smashingsecurity.com/oraclereport now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.