Does your employer want to turn you into a cyborg? Was this phishing test devised by an evil genius? And how did a cinema chain get scammed out of millions, time and time again…?
Oh, and the subject of erasable pens comes up again.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Scott Helme.
Smashing Security #104: The world's most evil phishing test, and cyborgs in the workplace'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Scott Helme – @scott_helme
- Cinema Chain Sees Bad Movie Script Play Out As It Loses Millions In Email Scam — Martijn Grooten writes on Forbes.
- Internet con men ripped off Pathe NL for €19m in sophisticated fraud — DutchNews.nl.
- Court documents describing the scam — It’s in Dutch. Don’t ask us to translate it.
- Tweet from InfoSecSherpa describing diabolical phishing test.
- BBC Click on Twitter: "Could you be paying for things using just your hand?" — Scott Helme is filmed getting an implant.
- The future prospects of embedded microchips in humans as unique identifiers: the risks versus the rewards (PDF) — University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Alarm over talks to implant UK employees with microchips — The Guardian.
- I, Tonya trailer — YouTube.
- Introducing Rocketbook Everlast — YouTube.
- Bohemian Rhapsody Performed in 42 Styles — YouTube.
- Open Culture.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.
One comment on “Smashing Security podcast #104: The world’s most evil phishing test, and cyborgs in the workplace”
This was a great episode :)
Gonna share it with our email list at privacyaustralia.net