Hackers could change emails in your inbox *after* they are delivered, the web is getting more and more encrypted, and hacked robots can be commanded to umm… stab you.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by researcher Scott Helme.
Smashing Security #039: 'Woah - are we talking to a cyborg?'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Scott Helme – @Scott_Helme
- Introducing the ROPEMAKER Email Exploit — Mimecast.
- Did ROPEMAKER just unravel email security? Nah, it's likely a feature — The Register.
- Measuring HTTPS adoption on the web [USENIX 17] — Research presented by Adrienne Porter Felt (Google) and April King (Mozilla).
- Alexa Top 1 Million Analysis – August 2017 — Scott Helme’s report.
- ALPHA 2, The World's First Humanoid Robot for the Family — YouTube.
- UBTech Alpha 2 turns Chucky — YouTube
- Researchers warn against 'hackable' robots — IT Pro.
- Overcooked — Team 17.
- "Could you be paying for things using just your hand? — BBC Click on Twitter.
- 250,000 Dominoes – The Incredible Science Machine — YouTube.
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Thanks to our sponsor:
This episode of Smashing Security is made possible by the generous support of Rapid7.
Identifying, prioritizing and managing vulnerabilities all the way through to remediation is not only possible, it can be simple. Right now.
Build a vulnerability management program that works for you with Insight VM, by Rapid7. Get started with your free 30 day trial at www.rapid7.com
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.