Flight simulators packed with password-grabbing malware, Facebook fighting Russian trolls, and how vulnerability researchers fear being sued.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Dave Bittner from The CyberWire podcast.
Dave Bittner – @bittner
- FSLabs' A320 installer seems to include a Chrome password extraction tool
- Flight Simulator Add-On Tried to Catch Pirates By Installing Password-Stealing Malware on Their Computers
- A320-X DRM clarification – Flight Sim Labs Forums
- FlightSimLabs Alleged Malware Analysis – Luke Gorman
- A320-X DRM – what happened – Flight Sim Labs Forums
- Lawsuits threaten infosec research – just when we need it most
- Facebook plans to use U.S. mail to verify IDs of election ad buyers
- Facebook’s secret weapon in the fight against foreign meddling? Postcards
- Fact-Checking a Facebook Executive’s Comments on Russian Interference
- Punycode – Wikipedia
- IDN Safe for Chrome
- IDN Safe for Firefox
- IDN Safe for Opera
- Firefox users – Spot phishing URL's more easily by enabling Show Punycode
- Privacy.com – (Dave’s recommendation, not ours)
- How to remove your credit card information from your iPhone
- Change or remove your Apple ID payment information – Apple Support
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management. Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit www.metacompliance.com now.
InsightIDR is an intruder analytics solution that gives you the confidence to detect and investigate security incidents faster. You can download a 30-day trial by visiting www.rapid7.com/insightidr
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.