UPS delivers some smishing advice (but have they kept something under wraps?), we ask ChatGPT to take a long hard look at itself, and we debate what the penalty should be for taking national secrets home with you.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s sole founder Thom Langford.
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Thom Langford – @ThomLangford
- UPS discloses data breach after exposed customer info used in SMS phishing – Bleeping Computer.
- Example of UPS SMS phishing message related to Lego order – Twitter.
- Another example of a Lego-related UPS phishing message – Twitter.
- Former FBI Analyst Sentenced for Retaining Classified Documents – US Department of Justice.
- How The Intercept might have helped unmask Reality Winner to the NSA – Graham Cluley.
- Bad adverts leave people scratching their heads – MSN.
- How Cybercriminals Can Perform Virtual Kidnapping Scams Using AI Voice Cloning Tools and ChatGPT – Trend Micro.
- Which Jobs Will Be Most Impacted by ChatGPT? – Visual Capitalist.
- Unraveling an AI Scam with AI – Imperva.
- 100,000 Hacked ChatGPT Accounts Discovered on Dark Web – Hackread.
- 97+ ChatGPT Statistics & User Numbers In June 2023 (New Data) – Nerdy Nav.
- “Speed Cubers” – Netflix.
- Trailer for “Speed Cubers” – YouTube.
- ”How to Win Friends and Disappear People” – Qcode Podcasts.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Drata – With over 14 frameworks including SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA, and ISO 27001, Drata gets you audit-ready for crucial security standards needed to scale your business. As a listener to Smashing Security you can save 10% off Drata and have implementation fees waived.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.