FatFace stumps up $2 million to its ransomware extortionists, an IT administrator is caught with his pants down, Mobikwik blames its users for a data breach, and we burgle a house… virtually.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Thom Langford.
Thom Langford – @thomlangford
- FatFace would like everyone to keep its data breach “strictly private and confidential” — Graham Cluley.
- Retailer FatFace pays $2m ransom to Conti cyber criminals — Computer Weekly.
- Streisand effect — Wikipedia.
- 'We have your porn collection': The rise of extortionware — BBC News.
- Mobikwik Data Breach: Data of 10 crore Mobikwik users for sale on dark web, say cybersecurity experts — The Economic Times.
- Mobikwik data breach said to be largest KYC leak, personal data of 3.5 million users up for sale on dark web — India Today.
- Rick Beato — YouTube.
- What Makes This Song Great? Ep.94 Gordon Lightfoot — YouTube.
- Adriano Celentano – Prisencolinensinainciusol — YouTube.
- Ember: The World’s First Temperature Control Mug.
- Slow-cooked guide to Sous Vide Eggs — Serious Eats.
- Art History 101 — YouTube.
- Chris Luedke, art historian — Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.