Boyfriends who are bots, Facebook’s checkmark charge, Twitter Blue, and Will Ferrell’s taunt of football fans…
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
- Testing Meta Verified to Help Creators Establish Their Presence – Meta.
- As Twitter forces users to remove text message 2FA, it’s in danger of decreasing security – Graham Cluley.
- A pre-match message from Will Ferrell – QPR Twitter account.
- BBC Takes Down Story About Will Ferrell After Being Fooled By Fake Twitter Account – Deadline.
- Replika CEO Says AI Companions Were Not Meant to Be Horny. Users Aren’t Buying It – Vice.
- ‘My AI Is Sexually Harassing Me’: Replika Users Say the Chatbot Has Gotten Way Too Horny – Vice.
- Replika homepage – Replika.
- Click and Drag – xkcd.
- 1110: Click and Drag – Explain xkcd.
- xkcd 1110: Click and Drag map – Zoomable map of “Click and drag”
- Only Murders in the Building – Disney Plus.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- SecurEnvoy – With growing cyber security threats everyone in your organisation needs multi-factor authentication tailored to their specific access needs and the risk profile of their role. Check out SecurEnvoy’s free guide now.
Support the show:
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.