Deepfake shenanigans strike users of troubled crypto firm FTX, the perils of charging your electric vehicle, and is Microsoft’s takeover of Activision good news for video game fanatics.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by John Hawes of AMTSO.
- Larry David promotes FTX in Superbowl ad – YouTube.
- Crypto giant FTX collapses into bankruptcy – BBC News.
- FTX’s new CEO: “Never in my career have I seen such a complete failure” – CBS News.
- Tom Brady, Giselle Bündchen, Larry David & Steph Curry Caught In FTX Crypto Fallout With Class Action Suit – Deadline.
- Bankman-Fried’s FTX, senior staff, parents bought Bahamas property worth $300 milion – Reuters.
- Tweet showing Sam Bankman-Fried deepfake scam – Twitter.
- FTX Founder Deepfake Offers Refund to Victims in Verified Twitter Account Scam – Vice.
- Crypto.com CEO admits company accidentally sent 320,000 ETH ($416 million) to another crypto exchange a few weeks prior – Web3 is going great.
- Sandia studies vulnerabilities of electric vehicle charging infrastructure – Sandia Labs.
- Review of Electric Vehicle Charger Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities, Potential Impacts, and Defenses – MDPI.
- Shocker: EV charging infrastructure is seriously insecure – The Register.
- Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device – Microsoft.
- Gaming for everyone, everywhere: our view on the Activision Blizzard acquisition – Microsoft.
- Video gaming market leaders – Statistics & Facts – Statista.
- Microsoft says UK influenced by Sony in probing Activision Blizzard deal – Reuters.
- Can Big Tech Get Bigger? Microsoft Presses Governments to Say Yes -New York Times.
- Microsoft Reveals Sony’s Activision Deal Is Blocking ‘Call Of Duty’ From Game Pass – Forbes.
- EU to launch advanced Microsoft-Activision probe – Politico.
- Microsoft / Activision Blizzard merger inquiry – Gov.uk.
- Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard Might Be Good For Gamers, But Bad for Developers – Time.
- A Day in London 1930s in colour – YouTube.
- Ancient Apocalypse – Netflix.
- Ancient Apocalypse is the most dangerous show on Netflix – The Guardian.
- How to Draw Large Pictures with Da Vinci Eye -Youtube.
- Da Vinci Eye: AR Art Projector – Apple app store.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Pentera – Pentera’s Automated Security Validation Platform is designed to help teams increase their security posture against modern day threats across the entire attack surface. Evaluate your security readiness with continuous and consistent autonomous testing with granular visibility into every execution along the way.
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
Support the show:
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.