Has new UK prime minister Liz Truss been careless with her mobile phone, and hear the most extraordinary story of corporate cyberstalking.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by nobody for reasons that will become obvious.
- Prison for ex-eBay staff who aggressively cyberstalked company’s critics with Craigslist sex party ads and funeral wreaths – Bitdefender.
- Two Former eBay Executives Sentenced to Prison for Cyberstalking – US Department of Justice.
- Jonathan Pie: Welcome to Britain. Everything is Terrible – NYT Opinion.
- UK Supermarket’s Loans-for-Groceries Offer Attracts Huge Take Up – Bloomberg.
- Liz Truss’ mobile number is being sold online for £6.49 – Daily Mail.
- How to Cook a Soft Boiled Egg Perfectly Every Time – YouTube.
- 11 Best Twitter Bots to Follow to Boost Productivity – Gadgetshouse.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Kolide – the SaaS app that sends employees important, timely, and relevant security recommendations concerning their Mac, Windows, and Linux devices, right inside Slack.
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Akamai – Make the most of Cybersecurity Awareness Month by connecting with Akamai’s experts on how you can achieve unmatched security. Where else can you take advantage of insights from 7 trillion DNS queries per day?
Support the show:
Become a Patreon supporter for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.