A game about Squid Game pulls the rug from under cryptocurrency investors in what appears to be a scam, PayPal hackers use a devious trick to break into 2FA-protected accounts, and have you received a job offer that’s too good to be true?
All this and much more is discussed in this celebratory edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Dr Jessica Barker.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with the CEO and president of Qualys, Sumedh Thakar.
Oh, and huge thanks to Darknet Diaries’ Jack Rhysider, F-Secure’s Mikko Hyppönen, The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner, and Host Unknown’s Andrew Agnês, Thom Langford, and Javvad Malik for their special contributions to this episode.
Jessica Barker – @drjessicabarker
- Squid Game cryptocurrency rockets in first few days of trading — BBC News.
- Squid Game crypto token collapses in apparent scam — BBC News.
- 'I Lost Everything': How Squid Game Token Collapsed — CoinMarketCap.
- Squid Game Cryptocurrency Scammers Make Off With $3.3 Million — Gizmodo.
- The Booming Underground Market for Bots That Steal Your 2FA Codes — Vice.
- Scammers Are Using Fake Job Ads to Steal People’s Identities — ProPublica.
- FBI Warns Cyber Criminals Are Using Fake Job Listings to Target Applicants’ Personally Identifiable Information — FBI.
- Don’t let job scams block your path forward — FTC Consumer Information.
- Pit — Wikipedia.
- Pit game description — Board Game Geek.
- Metal Shop Masters — Netflix.
- Metal Shop Masters trailer — YouTube.
- Techjunkie Tools.
- 15 Secret Websites — Alphr.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.