How to find your match on the Bumble dating app, convicted criminals make money out of cryptocurrency, and there are concerns about data in Afghanistan.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Vulnerability in Bumble dating app reveals any user's exact location — Robert Heaton.
- How Tinder keeps your exact location (a bit) private — Robert Heaton.
- The Taliban Have Seized U.S. Military Biometrics Devices — The Intercept.
- A U.S.-built biometric system sparks concerns for Afghans — NBC News.
- This is the real story of the Afghan biometric databases abandoned to the Taliban — MIT Technology Review.
- Sweden must give Bitcoin worth €1.3 million back to drug dealers after costly legal misstep — Euronews.
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool — Netflix.
- What We Do in the Shadows — BBC iPlayer.
- Watch What We Do in the Shadows — Hulu.
- Radio Garden.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.