We take a look at why Peloton is being accused of ransomware-like behaviour, how one man lost $250,000 in a romance scam, and how a chap called Weiner has found himself in a political pickle.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Andrew Agnês.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with KnowBe4 expert Roger Grimes.
Smashing Security #233: 'Peloton problems, romance regret, and Weiner woes'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Andrew Agnês – @sirjester
- CPSC Warns Consumers: Stop Using the Peloton Tread+ — CPSC
- Peloton Tread+ Treadmill Safety Incident — YouTube.
- Peloton Recalls Tread+ Treadmills After One Child Died and More than 70 Incidents Reported — CPSC.
- Peloton Recalls Tread Treadmills Due to Risk of Injury — CPSC.
- Tread Lock — Peloton support.
- Peloton Tread owners now forced into monthly subscription after recall — Bleeping Computer.
- Is Your Peloton Spinning Up Malware? — McAfee.
- A fake wedding, and a $250,000 scam — BBC News.
- Romance fraud advice — Action Fraud.
- OnlyFans, Twitter ban users for leaking politician's BDSM video — Bleeping Computer.
- Statement by Zack Weiner — Twitter.
- Anthony Weiner documentary trailer — YouTube.
- Blue — Joni Mitchell.
- Timekettle Voice Language Translator.
- Finders Keepers trailer — YouTube.
- Finders Keepers (2015 film) — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now at 1password.com
JumpCloud’s Directory Platform makes it easier to solve today’s IT challenges by unifying device and user management through a single pane of glass.
With JumpCloud securely managing your users and their devices, doing common things like onboarding and offboarding remote workers is easy.
Try JumpCloud for free today at smashingsecurity.com/jumpcloud and help your organization move to a modern, secure hybrid work model.
Did you know that 91% of successful data breaches started with a spear phishing attack?
Find out what percentage of your employees are at risk with KnowBe4’s free phishing security test.
Plus, see how you stack up against your peers with the new phishing industry benchmarks.
Find out more at www.knowbe4.com/freetest
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.