We take a look at why Peloton is being accused of ransomware-like behaviour, how one man lost $250,000 in a romance scam, and how a chap called Weiner has found himself in a political pickle.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Host Unknown’s Andrew Agnês.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with KnowBe4 expert Roger Grimes.
Andrew Agnês – @sirjester
- CPSC Warns Consumers: Stop Using the Peloton Tread+ — CPSC
- Peloton Tread+ Treadmill Safety Incident — YouTube.
- Peloton Recalls Tread+ Treadmills After One Child Died and More than 70 Incidents Reported — CPSC.
- Peloton Recalls Tread Treadmills Due to Risk of Injury — CPSC.
- Tread Lock — Peloton support.
- Peloton Tread owners now forced into monthly subscription after recall — Bleeping Computer.
- Is Your Peloton Spinning Up Malware? — McAfee.
- A fake wedding, and a $250,000 scam — BBC News.
- Romance fraud advice — Action Fraud.
- OnlyFans, Twitter ban users for leaking politician's BDSM video — Bleeping Computer.
- Statement by Zack Weiner — Twitter.
- Anthony Weiner documentary trailer — YouTube.
- Blue — Joni Mitchell.
- Timekettle Voice Language Translator.
- Finders Keepers trailer — YouTube.
- Finders Keepers (2015 film) — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.