Video gaming giant Electronic Arts suffers a hack following slack security, the Japanese Olympics are proving unpopular with everyone apart from cybercriminals, and le coq est mort.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Coq on GitHub.
- Alternative names for Coq.
- Realizing this is getting out of hand, Coq mulls new name for programming language — The Register.
- Terminology: it's not black and white — NCSC.
- Hackers Steal Wealth of Data from Game Giant EA — Vice.
- Japan – COVID-19 Overview — Johns Hopkins.
- Olympics 2021: When Tokyo Games start and what restrictions will be in place — Irish Mirror.
- Tokyo Olympic Games: When are they and will they go ahead despite Covid? — BBC News.
- Tokyo Olympics organizers' data swept up in Fujitsu hack: report — CyberScoop.
- Tokyo Games organizers hit by data breach and info leak — The Japan Times.
- XPOL-2-5G antenna — Poynting.
- Mondo Mascots — Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now at 1password.com
Deep Secure Threat Removal takes incoming poisoned Word documents, boobytrapped PowerPoint slides and the like, and creates brand new files with just the good stuff (and none of the bad). It is a great way of handling brand new threats coming into organisations via the web, email or file sharing and can run alongside your existing anti-virus.
Threat Removal gives you the good stuff by delivering files that are 100% threat-free, fully functional and fully revisable.
Visit deep-secure.com/smashingsecurity for more information, and set up your free trial today.
JumpCloud’s Directory Platform makes it easier to solve today’s IT challenges by unifying device and user management through a single pane of glass.
With JumpCloud securely managing your users and their devices, doing common things like onboarding and offboarding remote workers is easy.
Try JumpCloud for free today at smashingsecurity.com/jumpcloud and help your organization move to a modern, secure hybrid work model.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.