Google loses its domain in Argentina, how do gripe sites make their dough, and has John Deere solved the cybersecurity problem?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Smashing Security #225: 'Master of your domain, gripe sites, and John Deere Farmergeddon'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Mark Stockley – @markstockley
- Smashing Security Christmas LIVE STREAM — Including Mark Stockley and his chickens.
- How a WhatsApp status loophole is aiding cyberstalkers — Traced.
- Google Argentina's domain name bought by man for £2 — BBC News.
- Hacker breaks into Google Palestine homepage in protest of Maps depiction — Firstpost.
- Google Security Rewards – 2015 Year in Review — Google Online Security Blog.
- Microsoft forgets to renew hotmail.co.uk domain — The Register.
- 184 Years In: Ag Giant John Deere Awaits Its First Software Vulnerability — Forbes.
- Bugs Allowed Hackers to Dox John Deere Tractor Owners — Vice.
- The Wurzels sing "Combine Harvester" — YouTube.
- The Slander Industry — The New York Times.
- A Vast Web of Vengeance — The New York Times.
- Remove content about me on sites with exploitative removal practices from Google — Google Search Help.
- Online demo of MicroMacro – Crime City.
- MicroMacro – Crime City.
- They Hacked McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines—and Started a Cold War — Wired.
- Overheard In New York.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
The 1Password you know and love, now for all your company secrets
1Password protects secrets like logins and credit cards. Secrets Automation protects secrets in your company infrastructure – like API tokens, application keys, and private certificates – and supplies them when and where they’re needed.
Learn more at 1password.com/secrets
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.