Deepfake expert Nina Schick joins us as we discuss synthetic media, Facebook’s latest data fiasco, and some less-than-brilliant April Fool’s tricks.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast, hosted by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Nina Schick – @NinaDSchick
- Stolen Data of 533 Million Facebook Users Leaked Online — Business Insider.
- Mark Zuckerberg is on Signal — Dave Walker on Twitter.
- The Facebook Phone Numbers Are Now Searchable in Have I Been Pwned — Troy Hunt.
- Facebook isn’t sorry for letting someone steal personal details of half a billion users — Graham Cluley.
- Smashing Security episode 75: Quitting Facebook.
- Deep Fakes – the coming infocalypse. — Nina Schick.
- This Person Does Not Exist.
- 'Deepfake' AI Trump impersonator highlights election fake news threat — CNBC.
- Past Google April Fools Pranks As It Cancels 2021's Over COVID — Newsweek.
- "Joke" tweet by Piers Morgan — Twitter.
- The joke is on Volkswagen after April Fool’s name change debacle — Al Jazeera.
- Deliveroo April Fool's joke backfires in France — BBC News.
- The 8 Generations of Video Game Consoles — BBC Archive.
- The Terror — BBC iPlayer.
- Pretend it's a city — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.