Author and broadcaster Tim Harford joins us as we discuss the merits of robotic canine security guards, deepfakes, and the curious tale of an art forgery.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
And don’t miss our special featured interview with James Moore from CultureAI.
Smashing Security #206: 'Robo dogs, deepfakes and dirty deceptions'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Tim Harford – @TimHarford
- How To Make The World Add Up — Tim Harford.
- Computerized canines to join Team Tyndall — Tyndall Air Force Base.
- Computerized canines semi-autonomous robot dogs into their patrolling regimen to join Team Tyndall — YouTube.
- Incredible Tyndall 'Robot Dogs' Demonstration — YouTube.
- Perimeter-patrolling 'robo-dogs' coming to Tyndall Air Force Base — YouTube.
- Revolutionizing Legged Robots — Ghost Robotics.
- Immersive Wisdom.
- Norwegian oil company employs robot dogs to patrol dangerous areas — Metro News.
- Japanese farm town deploys 'Monster Wolf' robots to scare off wild bears from neighborhoods — ABC7 San Francisco.
- Willo the Wisp — Wikipedia.
- Willo the Wisp: "The Thoughts of Moog" — YouTube.
- How Mediocre Dutch Artist Cast 'The Forger's Spell' — NPR.
- Do These A.I.-Created Fake People Look Real to You? — The New York Times.
- The Liar's Dividend — Definition from Macmillan Dictionary.
- BBC Motion Graphic archive — Ravensbourne University London.
- Emu's Broadcasting Company (1978) — BBC Motion Graphics archive.
- Discovering Portuguese (1987) — BBC Motion Graphics archive.
- I Claudius (1976) — BBC Motion Graphics archive.
- The Rise and Fall of Getting Things Done — The New Yorker.
- Sticky Pickles.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
CultureAI isn’t just another security awareness training provider. It helps you measure and improve every end-user’s cyber security behaviour, providing a management system for IT, Security and Awareness teams.
Learn more and try it for yourself at culture.ai/smashing
Visit culture.ai/smashing now.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.