Voting machines are under the microscope, scammers are posing as rap stars, and American politician AOC isn’t the only one who’s been getting into the Among Us game.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by James Thomson.
Plus don’t miss the first part of our featured interview with LastPass’s Dalia Hamzeh.
- Rapper scammers admit faking association with musical group in conspiracy to cheat hotels, bank, limo service — US Department of Justice.
- This U.S. Election Could Be the Most Secure Yet. Here’s Why — The New York Times on YouTube.
- Report: Ransomware disables Georgia county election database — AP.
- Pity the nation: Americans’ choice of president on November 3 will affect Slovaks too. — Slovak Spectator article by James Thomson.
- AOC’s Among Us livestream hints at Twitch’s political power — MIT Technology Review.
- AOC makes explosive Twitch debut with over 435,000 Among Us viewers — Ars Technica.
- A massive spam attack is ruining public 'Among Us' games — Engadget.
- AOC Among Us FULL STREAM — YouTube.
- Among Us Has A Cheating Problem — Kotaku.
- Trump News Today | What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- WTF Just Happened Today — Apple Podcasts.
- No Filter — Book by Sarah Frier.
- Fake Instagram follower services slapped with lawsuit — HOTforSecurity.
- From Our Own Correspondent — BBC Radio 4.
- From Our Own Correspondent Podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Immersive Labs delivers hands-on, challenge-based training and exercises to make your team ready to fight real-world threats.
Check out their free ebook all about the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and how you can use it as part of your cyber skills strategy and improve your security posture by identifying weaknesses. Visit immersivelabs.com/smashing now.
Recorded Future empowers your organization, revealing unknown threats before they impact your business, and helping your teams respond to alerts 10 times faster. How does it do this? By automatically collecting and analyzing intelligence from technical, open web, and dark web sources.
For up-to-the-minute security intelligence that can help you make fast, confident security decision installing the free browser extension, Recorded Future Express.
Get it now at smashingsecurity.com/recordedfuture
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.