The man who hacked the UK National Lottery didn’t end up a winner, Japanese Love hotel booking tool suffers a data breach, and just what is 23andMe planning to do with your DNA?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Thom Langford.
Smashing Security #161: 'Love, lucky dips, and 23andMe'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Thom Langford – @ThomLangford
- Cyber criminal jailed over National Lottery hack — National Crime Agency.
- Man who hacked National Lottery for just £5 is jailed for nine months — Hot for Security.
- Booking data stolen from Japanese short-time love hotel booking service HappyHotel — SiliconANGLE.
- 23andMe Licenses Drug Compound to Spanish Drugmaker Almirall — Bloomberg.
- Big Data and the End of Painful, Invasive Medical Procedures | — Wired.
- How 23andMe Won Back the Right to Foretell Your Diseases — Wired.
- Turbo Boost Switcher for macOS.
- Embarrassed patients can now send photos of genitals to doc for STI checks — The Sun.
- Messiah trailer — YouTube.
- Messiah — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.