Say cheese to ransomware on your camera! A sponsored speech at Black Hat causes uproar, and should you trust that Lightning cable you’re about to plug into your MacBook?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Dave Bittner – @bittner
- Say Cheese: Ransomware-ing a DSLR Camera — Check Point Research.
- Ransomware on a DSLR Camera — YouTube.
- Security advisory for Canon digital cameras related to PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) communication functions and firmware update functions — Canon.
- Black Hat Talk About ‘Time AI’ Causes Uproar, Is Deleted By Conference — Motherboard.
- Black Hat Attendees: Sponsored Session Was 'Snake Oil Crypto' — PC Magazine.
- Crown Sterling Presents: TIME AI — YouTube.
- Crown Sterling Issues Statement Regarding Recent Allegations Made at Black Hat 2019 — Business Wire.
- These Legit-Looking iPhone Lightning Cables Will Hijack Your Computer — Motherboard.
- O.MG cable.
- Remain Seated Please – The Hoot and Chief Story (Epcot Horizons) — YouTube.
- The true story of the unauthorized, daredevil documentation of the Horizons ride at Disney World — Dangerous Minds.
- Bathtubs over Broadway — Netflix.
- Bathtubs over Broadway – Official Trailer — YouTube.
- The Amelia Project podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.