Israel strikes back at Hamas’s hacking HQ, a new sextortion email comes with a twist, and Carole saves the world with some help from hacked Roomba vacuum cleaners.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Malicious Life’s Ran Levi.
Smashing Security #127: 'I do love the Dutch'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Ran Levi – @ranlevi
- New Extortion Email Scam Threatens to Release Your Sex Tape — Bleeping Computer.
- Here's what an Ashley Madison blackmail letter looks like — Graham Cluley.
- Suicide and Ashley Madison — Graham Cluley.
- Israel bombs building containing alleged Hamas hackers — Graham Cluley.
- IDF says it thwarted a Hamas cyber attack during weekend battle — Times of Israel.
- Israel: Hamas Tried to Spy on Soldiers With Fake Dating Apps — Bloomberg.
- Ransomware attack on Israeli users fails miserably due to coding error — ZDNet.
- Michael Reeves on Twitter.
- A Robot That Picks Tomatoes Out of Your Salad — YouTube.
- A Robot That Shoots Energy Drink at You When You Get Tired — YouTube.
- Consumption of Tide Pods — Wikipedia.
- The Roomba That Screams When it Bumps Into Stuff — YouTube.
- This Person Does Not Exist.
- Have they faked me?
- Drugslab — YouTube.
- The Hows and Whys of Influencing People — Reddit.
- How Master Manipulators Conceal Their Intentions — Kletische.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance now.
Smashing Security listeners can save $350 off the standard registration rate by using the code “SMASHING”. Go to smashingsecurity.com/gartner for more information.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.
One comment on “Smashing Security podcast #127: I do love the Dutch”
I may be wrong, and was surprised Ran did not say so himself – but I believe Israel citizens can serve until they are in their mid-fifties unless they are discharged earlier due to injury etc, or have already completed their mandatory service period. I certainly have worked with guys older than Ran still serving who may have deferred their service earlier in their lives.