Is two factor authentication such a pain in the rear end that it’s costing the economy millions? Do you feel safe having a Google Nest in your home? And don’t get caught by a catfisher this Valentine’s Day.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by B J Mendelson.
B J Mendelson – @bjmendelson
- Hello by Lionel Richie — YouTube.
- Apple being sued because two-factor authentication on an iPhone or Mac takes too much time — Apple Insider.
- Brodsky versus Apple, alleging that two-factor authentication is abusive to users — Class action complaint.
- 'Why are you looking at me? I see you watching me.' Smart devices like Nest getting hacked in digital home invasions — Chicago Tribune.
- 8-year-old 'scared to death' after hacked Nest security camera warns of missile attack — Bitdefender.
- Letter in The Times, "Alexa gets fired up" — Reddit.
- Diana Rigg — Wikipedia.
- Scam alert: £50 million lost to romance and online dating scams — Which?
- 17 Of The Most Insane Catfish Stories That Will Make You Cringe — Buzzfeed.
- How Expensive Are Catfishing Scams? See Where Your State Ranks — High Speed Internet.
- It's National Catfish Day, So Here Are 8 Bizarre Catfishing Stories To Remind You That Sometimes The Internet Is A Blackhole Of Awful — Bustle.
- How Long to Read — HowLongToReadThis.com.
- How Long to Read The Joy of Sex: The Ultimate Revised Edition — HowLongToReadThis.com.
- Music telling someone to get off the stage at the Grammy Awards — YouTube.
- B J Mendelson's "A Christmas Carol"
- The Sopranos — HBO.
- Soul Mates — What If?
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
- Smashing Security on Reddit.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.