Is two factor authentication such a pain in the rear end that it’s costing the economy millions? Do you feel safe having a Google Nest in your home? And don’t get caught by a catfisher this Valentine’s Day.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by B J Mendelson.
B J Mendelson – @bjmendelson
- Hello by Lionel Richie — YouTube.
- Apple being sued because two-factor authentication on an iPhone or Mac takes too much time — Apple Insider.
- Brodsky versus Apple, alleging that two-factor authentication is abusive to users — Class action complaint.
- 'Why are you looking at me? I see you watching me.' Smart devices like Nest getting hacked in digital home invasions — Chicago Tribune.
- 8-year-old 'scared to death' after hacked Nest security camera warns of missile attack — Bitdefender.
- Letter in The Times, "Alexa gets fired up" — Reddit.
- Diana Rigg — Wikipedia.
- Scam alert: £50 million lost to romance and online dating scams — Which?
- 17 Of The Most Insane Catfish Stories That Will Make You Cringe — Buzzfeed.
- How Expensive Are Catfishing Scams? See Where Your State Ranks — High Speed Internet.
- It's National Catfish Day, So Here Are 8 Bizarre Catfishing Stories To Remind You That Sometimes The Internet Is A Blackhole Of Awful — Bustle.
- How Long to Read — HowLongToReadThis.com.
- How Long to Read The Joy of Sex: The Ultimate Revised Edition — HowLongToReadThis.com.
- Music telling someone to get off the stage at the Grammy Awards — YouTube.
- B J Mendelson's "A Christmas Carol"
- The Sopranos — HBO.
- Soul Mates — What If?
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
- Smashing Security on Reddit.
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Boxcryptor encrypts your sensitive files and folders in Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and many other cloud storages. It combines the benefits of the most user friendly cloud storage services with the highest security standards worldwide. Encrypt your data right on your device before syncing it to the cloud providers of your choice. Visit www.boxcryptor.com now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.