Jack Rhysider from the “Darknet Diaries” podcast joins us to chat about his interview with the elusive Hacker Giraffe, how a death is preventing cryptocurrency investors from reaching their money, and how ‘beauty camera’ apps are redirecting users to phishing websites and stealing their selfies.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast, hosted by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Jack Rhysider – @jackrhysider
- This hypnotist helps people recover lost bitcoin passwords — CNBC.
- Good News! You Are a Bitcoin Millionaire. Bad News! You Forgot Your Password — Wall Street Journal.
- Quadriga CX announces the death of their CEO Gerald Cotten — Facebook.
- Set Up and Manage Emergency Access — LastPass.
- What is the Emergency feature and how to use it? — Dashlane.
- Inactive Account Manager — Google.
- Banks Hate Crypto In Canada: QuadrigaCX Exchange Sees $28M Frozen — NewsBTC.
- QuadrigaCX Owes Customers $190 Million, Court Filing Shows — Coindesk.
- John Darwin ("Canoe man") disappearance case — Wikipedia.
- Is it ever acceptable for a journalist to hack into somebody else’s email? — Naked Security.
- Hacker Giraffe — Darknet Diaries podcast.
- The PewDiePie Hackers: Could hacking printers ruin your life? — BBC News.
- Smashing Security on Hacker Giraffe's printer hacking exploits.
- Behind the apps: Why we want to look different online — BBC News.
- Various Google Play 'Beauty Camera' Apps Send Users Pornographic Content, Redirect Them to Phishing Websites and Collect Their Pictures — Trend Micro.
- Mr. Puzzle — YouTube.
- Dawn of the Code War: America's Battle Against Russia, China, and the Rising Global Cyber Threat — Amazon.
- Everything That Will Kill You… From A to Z — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you. “The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
Download it for free at www.smashingsecurity.com/intelligence now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.