One travel blogger finds you don’t have to be Kylie Jenner to be targeted by an Instagram hacker. When 40 iPhones at a hospital mysteriously die, what could be the explanation? And, surprise surprise, political parties in the USA are throwing around hacking accusations.
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Naked Security’s Mark Stockley.
Mark Stockley – @MarkStockley
- Kylie Jenner — Instagram.
- Hacker, angry over unpaid $200, deletes Abu Dhabi-based travel blogger's account — Gulf News.
- Of Travels & Tales — Delaine Maria D’Costa’s blog.
- Delaine Maria D’Costa's Instagram account
- IG hacked! — Delaine Maria D’Costa posts an Instagram story about how she was hacked.
- Instagram finally supports third-party authentication apps for greater account security — Graham Cluley.
- Spooky miasmic gas bricks hospital iPhones (mwah ha ha ha) — Naked Security.
- MRI disabled every iOS device in facility — Reddit.
- Voting Machine Manual Instructed Election Officials to Use Weak Passwords — Motherboard.
- After failed hacking attempt SoS launches investigation into Georgia Democratic party — Press release on Secretary of State’s website (which, by the way, doesn’t use HTTPS).
- Mid-term elections 2018: Race rows mire campaign home stretch — BBC News.
- The Cybersecurity 202: Brian Kemp's hacking allegations highlight the challenges of preserving voter confidence — The Washington Post.
- Georgia governor’s race roiled by election security charges — Associated Press.
- Elections security: Federal help or power grab? — Politico (2016).
- Georgia Officials Quietly Patched Security Holes They Said Didn't Exist — ProPublica.
- The Erasable Pen – Pilot Frixion – Gear for Back to School — YouTube.
- FriXion Family by Pilot
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari — We’re not listing the Pick of the Week Mark eventually chose as it’s too rude.
- Isle of Dogs movie
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management. Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit www.smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.