A website which demands money if you want your mugshot removed, could “sharenting” lead to a rise in fraud and identity theft, and how could the FBI have overcounted encrypted phones so badly?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Maria Varmazis.
Smashing Security #079: 'Mugshots, mobile mania, and back end gurus'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Vote for Smashing Security!
- Smashing Security LIVE on Tour!
- Court documents about Mugshots.com case
- All of Mugshots.com’s alleged co-owners arrested on extortion charges
- 'Sharenting' puts young at risk of online fraud
- Parents ‘oversharing’ family photos online, but lack basic privacy know-how
- FBI Admits It Inflated Number of Supposedly Unhackable Devices
- Donald Trump's smartphone security: an inconvenient truth
- Apple Wants to Make Totally Unhackable iPhones
- A Very English Scandal (TV series)
- Jeremy Thorpe affair – Wikipedia
- Moment – Automatically track your and your family's daily iPhone and iPad use
- Percentage Calculator
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.