The chips are down, as tech companies struggle to protect against the Meltdown and Spectre flaws. The White House is getting tough on leakers by banning personal devices from the West Wing. And someone has been embedding a Bitcoin wallet into their hand…
All this and much much more is discussed in latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by David McClelland.
David McClelland – @DavidMcClelland
- Apple fixes the Meltdown and Spectre flaws in Macs, iPhones, and iPads
- Spectre? Meltdown? F*CKWIT? Calm down and make yourself some tea
- Until your anti-virus adds this Registry key, you aren't getting any more Windows security updates
- Important information about Microsoft Meltdown CPU security fixes, antivirus vendors and you
- Ouch! Microsoft's Meltdown and Spectre security update bricks some AMD-powered PCs
- Ripple soars, becomes second-biggest cryptocurrency by market cap
- Would you store Ripple and Bitcoin in 'mark of the beast' microchip?
- Biohacker Summit 2017 – Uniting Technology & Nature
- Meet the first humans to sense where north is
- White House bans use of personal devices from West Wing
- “Fire and Fury” Is a Book All Too Worthy of the President
- Portal Knights – The award-winning sandbox action-RPG adventure game
- Portal Knights trailer for Nintendo Switch – YouTube
- Focus – Productivity Timer on the App Store
- Casefile: True Crime Podcast
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Backup files, folders and system images to the cloud storage of your choice – with built-in 256 bit encryption ensuring your precious data remains private.
CloudBerry supports over 30 cloud storage providers, and works on Windows, Mac, Linux.
And unlike many of the other online backup solutions out there, you pay only once – rather than a subscription.
Find out more at cloudberrylab.com, where you can download a free trial and also explore CloudBerry’s solutions for businesses and MSPs.
And if you’re a Windows desktop user go to smashingsecurity.com/cloudberrylab to get 30% off the Windows desktop version. Meaning you can get this great software for the super price of around 20 bucks. Offer expires February 10th 2018.
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.