I’ve been on a family vacation for the last week or so, and decided to freeze the site while I was away.
Thanks to those of you who got in touch asking if I was ok, or worried that they might have accidentally dropped off the list of my regular daily security newsletter.
Maybe I should have mentioned on the site that I was going away for a bit, but that always feels questionable to me. After all, over the years I’ve warned folks plenty of times that they probably shouldn’t tweet that they’re at Heathrow airport waiting to catch their two weeks of the sun in Florida.
(I wasn’t in Florida, by the way… see how crazily paranoid I am of even sharing where I was in the world!)
Anyway, apologies to those who missed me. And those who didn’t miss me at all – well done on having a life!
For those who missed their regular fix, here are a handful of the security-related news stories that caught my eye while the site was sleeping:
- OSX Keydnap malware spread via Transmission app
- 71,000 Minecraft World Map accounts leaked online after ‘hack’
- Ripper! Boffins find malware thought behind $347k Thai ATM raids
- FBI warned state election board systems of hacks
- Sri Lankan teenager held over hacking of president’s website
- Tens of thousands of Infowars accounts hacked
- Hacker who stole 2.9 million credit card numbers is Russian lawmaker’s son
- Opera says its service for syncing web browser data was hacked
- PSA: Get two-factor authentication on your PlayStation Network account
- Here’s some of the information Facebook will be collecting from WhatsApp
- Homeland Security has ‘open investigation’ into Leslie Jones hacking
- Apple issues global iOS update after attempt to use spyware activist’s iPhone
- NSA targeted Chinese firewall maker Huawei, leaked documents suggest
- Leaked ShadowBrokers attack upgraded to target current versions of Cisco ASA
- ‘Grand Theft Auto’ fan site hacked
- Blizzard blighted by another DDoS storm
- India investigating French submarine company data leak
- University hit 21 times in one year by ransomware
- Russian hackers ‘targeted New York Times’
Anyway, I’m back in the office now, dusting the sand off my sandals. Normal service will now be resumed…