Scammers show a lack of imagination after hacking a funeral home, more websites are secretly stealing visitors’ resources to mine for cryptocurrency, and everyone is very confused about the USA’s airline laptop ban.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Register‘s John Leyden.
John Leyden – @jleyden
- Local funeral home gets hacked in the middle of the night leaving employees without access
- Local business' Yahoo! account hacked
- Smashing Security: 014: Protecting webmail
- Stealth web crypto-cash miner Coin Hive back to the drawing board as blockers move in – The Register
- Cryptocurrency mining affects over 500 million people. And they have no idea it is happening.
- Laptops and tablets have been banned from being used on 56 routes to the US
- Laptop ban: How it works, what devices are forbidden on flights
- Questions and answers on proposed ban on laptops in luggage – The Washington Post
- Inspire Candle – Twelve South
- BBC Two – The Detectives: Murder on the Streets
- This Chrome extension blocks audio and video autoplay on any website
- Autoplay blocking is coming to Chrome
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
Entersekt develops authentication and mobile security solutions that make the internet a safer place to bank and shop.
Join Entersekt’s webinar, which promises to tell you everything you need to know about “The secret key to PSD2 compliance”, by visiting www.smashingsecurity.com/entersekt
Netsparker is a web application security scanner that can automatically find security flaws in your website and fix them before hackers can exploit them.
If you want to automatically check your web applications for cross site scripting, SQL Injection & other vulnerabilities and coding errors that can leave you and your business exposed to malicious hacker attacks, then you need NetSparker.
Try it out now by downloading a demo from www.netsparker.com/smashing
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.