Graham wonders what would happen if his bouncing buttocks were captured on camera by a Tesla employee, and we take a look at canny scams connected to China’s Operation Fox Hunt.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
(Oh, and when Carole mentioned Colin the Accountant as her “Pick of the Week” she really meant “Colin from Accounts”. Sorry!)
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
- Countering Threats Posed by the Chinese Government Inside the US – Speech by the FBI’s Christopher Wray.
- Criminals Pose as Chinese Authorities to Target US-based Chinese Community – FBI.
- FBI: How fake Xi cops prey on Chinese nationals in the US – The Register.
- Special Report: Tesla workers shared sensitive images recorded by customer cars – Reuters.
- 303: Secret Roomba snaps, Christmas cab scams, and the future of AI – Smashing Security.
- Lawsuit: Tesla must be punished for “tasteless” sharing of car-camera images – Ars Technica.
- Customer Privacy Notice – Tesla.
- Tesla hit with class action lawsuit over alleged privacy intrusion – Reuters.
- Tesla About Autopilot – Tesla.
- “Wet Nellie” – Wikipedia.
- Device Orchestra – YouTube.
- “Smoke on the Water”, as performed by Device Orchestra – YouTube.
- “Eye of the Tiger”, as performed by Device Orchestra – YouTube.
- Cabin Camera – Tesla.
- Colin from Accounts – Amazon Prime.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Bitwarden – Password security you can trust. Bitwarden is an open source password manager trusted by millions of individuals, teams, and organizations worldwide for secure password storage and sharing.
- Kolide – Kolide ensures that if your device isn’t secure it can’t access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust for Okta. Watch a demo today!
- Drata – With over 14 frameworks including SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA, and ISO 27001, Drata gets you audit-ready for crucial security standards needed to scale your business. As a listener to Smashing Security you can save 10% off Drata and have implementation fees waived.
Support the show:
You can help the podcast by telling your friends and colleagues about “Smashing Security”, and leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts or Podchaser.
Become a supporter via Patreon or Apple Podcasts for ad-free episodes and our early-release feed!
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on Mastodon, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.