A Bitcoin bungle causes one user to lose millions, hackers attempt to bribe a Tesla employee into infecting the company’s network, and are we ready for a sky full of drones?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Jessica Barker.
Smashing Security #194: 'Carry on droning'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Jessica Barker – @drjessicabarker
- Confident Cyber Security by Jessica Barker.
- Tweet by John McAfee about the mathematical impossibility of Bitcoin being less than $1 million by the end of 2020.
- The Dickening Countdown to John McAfee Dick Eating.
- Bitcoin Holder Loses $16 Million in BTC to Well-Known Scam — Decrypt.
- Electrum user says he has lost 1400 Bitcoin — GitHub.
- Electrum Bitcoin wallets under siege — Malwarebytes.
- Electrum vulnerability announcement — Github.
- Sybil attack — Wikipedia.
- Fawlty Towers: The best of Sybil — YouTube.
- Electrum Bitcoin Wallet homepage.
- Elon Musk Says Tesla Saved From 'Serious' Ransom Attempt — Data Breach Today.
- Jennifer Lopez – Jenny from the Block (Official Music Video) — YouTube.
- The security impact of drones: Challenges and opportunities for the UK (PDF) — University of Birmingham.
- Security analysis of drones systems: Attacks, limitations, and recommendations — NCBI.
- Drone Delivery? Amazon Moves Closer With F.A.A. Approval — New York Times.
- What Security Threats Are Posed By Drones? — Avast.
- The Surprising Ways Drones Are Saving Lives — National Geographic.
- HEAVE HO!
- Heave Ho – Launch Trailer — YouTube.
- Behind the Schemes: Heave Ho with Le Cartel — YouTube.
- StartUp (TV series) — Wikipedia.
- StartUp – Launch Trailer — YouTube.
- Steal the Stars podcast — Tor Labs.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Immersive Labs delivers hands-on, challenge-based training and exercises to make your team ready to fight real-world threats.
Check out their free ebook all about the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and how you can use it as part of your cyber skills strategy and improve your security posture by identifying weaknesses. Visit immersivelabs.com/smashing now.
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.