Was a cybercrime committed on the International Space Station? What on earth were Ukrainian scientists thinking when they plugged a nuclear power station into the internet? And someone has cloned Canadian clinical psychologist Jordan Peterson’s voice…
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Mark Stockley – @markstockley
- NASA Astronaut Anne McClain Accused by Spouse of Crime in Space — The New York Times.
- Space Station's Data Rate Increase Supports Future Exploration — NASA.
- Astronaut Anne McClain denies cybercrime allegations — @AstroAnnimal on Twitter.
- The Moon is Covered With 400,000 Pounds of Human Trash — Interesting Engineering.
- Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) — National Air and Space Museum. (Apparently it’s top speed is a paltry 8 miles per hour, not the 17 miles per hour Graham claimed)
- Ukraine: Crypto Miners Arrested for Compromising Nuclear Plant Security — Coin Telegraph.
- A Site Faking Jordan Peterson's Voice Shuts Down After Peterson Decries Deepfakes — Motherboard.
- I Didn't Say That — Jordan Peterson.
- To fix the problem of deepfakes we must treat the cause, not the symptoms — The Guardian.
- Dr Jordan Peterson with Kermit the Frog — Twitter.
- Portsmouth Sinfonia — Wikipedia.
- Portsmouth Sinfonia perform "Also sprach Zarathustra" — YouTube.
- Portsmouth Sinfonia Plays the Popular Classics — YouTube.
- The Eden Project.
- Lebanese Mountain Bread Recipe — AllRecipes.com
- Sourdough No-Knead Bread Recipe — The New York Times.
- Japanese Milk Bread Rolls recipe — King Arthur Flour.
- My Best Sourdough Recipe — The Perfect Loaf.
- Common Bread Baking Calculators — The Perfect Loaf.
- Beginner's Sourdough Bread — The Perfect Loaf.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.