Is the PIN you use for your bank card secure? How did one woman get duped into giving a romance scammer $200,000? And Cloudflare and other online services take aim at a vile corner of the internet…
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Maria Varmazis – @mvarmazis
- Most Common iPhone Passcodes — Daniel Amitay.
- We’ve fixed an issue that meant we weren’t storing some customers’ PINs correctly — Monzo.
- 500,000 Monzo banking customers told to change their PINs — Graham Cluley.
- Terminating Service for 8Chan — Cloudflare.
- 8chan struggling to stay online after its alleged use by El Paso shooting suspect — CNN.
- Online dating apps and websites the most common way to meet — 9to5Mac.
- Woman says a man she met on Tinder swindled her out of $200K: 'He didn't just dump you, he never existed' — ABC News.
- Cyber Actors Use Online Dating Sites To Conduct Confidence/Romance Fraud And Recruit Money Mules — Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- The Boys trailer — YouTube.
- The Boys — Amazon Prime.
- “Conviction,” Reviewed: A Bronx P.I. Pursues Justice, and Glory — The New Yorker.
- Conviction podcast — Gimlet.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you.
“The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
Download it for free at www.smashingsecurity.com/intelligence now.
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.