The ‘mastermind’ behind the Owari botnet doesn’t seem to have learnt anything from his victims, someone at Wessex Water forgets to remove an embarrassing sentence from a letter sent to customers, and we’re officially the best security podcast!
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, with cameo appearances by John Hawes, John Leyden, Paul Ducklin, and Mikko Hyppönen.
- We did it! Smashing Security’s Carole celebrates with the best security podcast award!…
- Full results from the Infosec18 European Blogger Awards
- Hacker Fail: IoT botnet command and control server accessible via default credentials
- Pwn goal: Hackers used the username root, password root for botnet control database login
- Tweet by Vesselin Bontchev
- Mailshot meltdown as Wessex Water gets sweary about a poor chap called Tom
- Apology from Wessex Water on Twitter
- Excel pivot table data leak leads to £120,000 fine for London council
- Smashing Security review criticises Graham's enunciation
- Standard Notes
- Evil Genius trailer – YouTube
- Case 81: Brian Wells – Casefile
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses
Follow the show:
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.