The ‘mastermind’ behind the Owari botnet doesn’t seem to have learnt anything from his victims, someone at Wessex Water forgets to remove an embarrassing sentence from a letter sent to customers, and we’re officially the best security podcast!
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by cybersecurity veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, with cameo appearances by John Hawes, John Leyden, Paul Ducklin, and Mikko Hyppönen.
- We did it! Smashing Security’s Carole celebrates with the best security podcast award!…
- Full results from the Infosec18 European Blogger Awards
- Hacker Fail: IoT botnet command and control server accessible via default credentials
- Pwn goal: Hackers used the username root, password root for botnet control database login
- Tweet by Vesselin Bontchev
- Mailshot meltdown as Wessex Water gets sweary about a poor chap called Tom
- Apology from Wessex Water on Twitter
- Excel pivot table data leak leads to £120,000 fine for London council
- Smashing Security review criticises Graham's enunciation
- Standard Notes
- Evil Genius trailer – YouTube
- Case 81: Brian Wells – Casefile
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!