A Namecheap vulnerability allows strangers to make subdomains for your website, Troy Hunt examines password length, and ex-Google and Facebook employees are fighting to protect kids from social media addiction.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by special guest Troy Hunt of HaveIBeenPwned.
Smashing Security #064: 'So just a 'teeny tiny' security issue then?'
Listen on Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Other... | RSS
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
Carole Theriault – @caroletheriault
Troy Hunt – @troyhunt
- Namecheap Name Server Vulnerability Allows Unauthorized Users to Create Sub-Domains
- That’s not how security works, security is not obscurity
- Update on Recent Hosting Breach – Namecheap Blog
- Have I been pwned? Pwned Passwords
- How Long is Long Enough? Minimum Password Lengths by the World's Top Sites
- Center for Humane Technology
- Adam Alter: Why our screens make us less happy
- Ex Facebook, Google Employees Launch Anti-Tech Campaign
- Social Networking Sites and Addiction: Ten Lessons Learned
- 'Fiction is outperforming reality': how YouTube's algorithm distorts truth
- AlphaGo movie
- In Two Moves, AlphaGo and Lee Sedol Redefined the Future
- Ubiquiti Networks
- Basic Crepe Batter Recipe
- Gateau de crepes
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management. Listeners can get a 10% discount off the high-quality CyberSecurity eLearning catalog by quoting the code SMASHING. Visit www.metacompliance.com now.
InsightIDR is an intruder analytics solution that gives you the confidence to detect and investigate security incidents faster. You can download a 30-day trial by visiting www.rapid7.com/insightidr
Follow the show:
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter or Mastodon to read more of the exclusive content we post.