Your Tinder swipes can be spied upon, Amazon is opening high street stores that don’t require any staff, and Russian fuel pumps are being infected with malware in an elaborate scheme to make large amounts of money.
With Carole on a top secret special assignment, it’s left to security veteran Graham Cluley to discuss all this and much much more on the “Smashing Security” podcast with special guests David McClelland and Vanja Švajcer.
Graham Cluley – @gcluley
- Tinder's Lack of Encryption Lets Strangers Spy on Your Swipes
- Tinder drift demo – YouTube
- Using public Wi-Fi – a Smashing Security splinter
- Watchdog Wednesday: WiFi hackers – BBC
- Apple drops requirement for apps to use HTTPS by 2017
- Amazon Go debuts, and its prying cameras foil our shoplifting attempts
- Hacker Infects Gas Pumps with Code to Cheat Customers
- Making Blake's Seven 101 – YouTube
- Jon Alpert Speaks On His Film, "Cuba and the Cameraman" – YouTube
- Review: ‘Cuba and the Cameraman’ Lavishes Love on a Country … and Castro
- CARROT Weather on the iOS App Store
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
- Support us on Patreon!
LastPass Enterprise makes password security effortless for your organization.
LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/lastpass to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses
Backup files, folders and system images to the cloud storage of your choice – with built-in 256 bit encryption ensuring your precious data remains private.
CloudBerry supports over 30 cloud storage providers, and works on Windows, Mac, Linux.
And unlike many of the other online backup solutions out there, you pay only once – rather than a subscription.
Find out more at cloudberrylab.com, where you can download a free trial and also explore CloudBerry’s solutions for businesses and MSPs.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/cloudberrylab to get 30% off the Windows desktop version. Meaning you can get this great software for the super price of around 20 bucks. Offer expires February 10th 2018.
Follow the show:
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.