What can you do to better protect your online email accounts?
In this special “splinter” (or should it be a “shard”?) edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast regular hosts Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined by special guest Paul Ducklin, share tips on how to better defend your Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail/Outlook/etc account.
- Passwords – a Smashing Security splinter
- How to better protect your Google account with two-step verification and Google Authenticator – Graham Cluley
- How to protect your Yahoo account with two-step verification (2SV) – Graham Cluley
- NIST declares the age of SMS-based 2-factor authentication over – TechCrunch
- The lesson we all must learn from the Celebgate nude photo hack – Graham Cluley
This episode of Smashing Security is made possible by the generous support of Recorded Future – the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at recordedfuture.com/intel.
Thanks to Recorded Future for their support.
Hope you enjoy the show, and tell us what you think. You can follow the Smashing Security team at @SmashinSecurity on Twitter.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Found this article interesting? Follow Graham Cluley on Twitter to read more of the exclusive content we post.