Has the CIA been using a Weeping Angel to spy on you via your Smart TV? Have WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal been compromised? What is the secret of the SATAN ransomware? And can you avoid having your data searched as you pass through border control?
Computer security veterans Graham Cluley, Carole Theriault, and special guest Paul Ducklin discuss this and more in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast.
- Nintendo Classic Mini
- WikiLeaks says it releases files on CIA cyber spying tools
- The CIA didn’t break Signal or WhatsApp, despite what you’ve heard
- After NSA hacking exposé, CIA staffers asked where Equation Group went wrong
- Apple, Samsung Respond To Wikileaks Claims Of CIA Hacking Programs
- Twitter reactions to the WikiLeaks CIA data dump
- Is the CIA’s Weeping Angel spying on TV viewers?
- Satan ransomware: old name, new business model
- 3 (free) things that journalists can do right now to protect their data and their sources at the border
- The US Gov Can Download the Entire Contents of Your Computer at Border Crossings
- What Are Your Rights if Border Agents Want to Search Your Phone?
- Stop Fabricating Travel Security Advice
This episode of Smashing Security is sponsored by Foursys- check out their free end-user cybersecurity training kit – it’s everything you need to roll out infosecurity best practice training (right from your desk).
Grab it now from https://www.foursys.co.uk/toolkit
Thanks to Foursys for sponsoring this episode of Smashing Security.
Hope you enjoy the show, and tell us what you think. You can follow the Smashing Security team at @SmashinSecurity on Twitter.
Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!