The Darkside ransomware gang thinks it’s a modern-day Robin Hood when it donates extorted Bitcoins to charity, the micro-targeted ad industry could pop like a bubble, and would you trust a burger-flipping robot?
All this and much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Tim Hwang.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with Recorded Future’s Levi Gundert.
Tim Hwang – @timhwang
- Smashing Security celebration livestream — YouTube.
- Ransomware gang donates part of ransom demands to charity organizations — ZDNet.
- Mysterious 'Robin Hood' hackers donating stolen money — BBC News.
- Donate Bitcoin – Give to Help Build Wells and Water Projects — The Water Project.
- Donate cryptocurrency to Children International
- Ad Tech Could Be the Next Internet Bubble — Wired.
- Subprime Attention Crisis: Advertising and the Time Bomb at the Heart of the Internet — A book by Tim Hwang.
- Miso Robotics unveils its next-gen robot kitchen assistant — VentureBeat.
- Flippy — Miso Robotics.
- Miso Robotics Flippy Robot flips burgers like it's its job — YouTube.
- Flippy the burger-flipping robot too good, fired after one day — Naked Security.
- Cybersecurity a Must for Safe IIoT Robots — Robotics Online.
- How to Improve Cybersecurity for Robots — RIA Robotics Blog.
- Airplane Mode — Steam.
- Enjoy a 6-hour flight in real-time with economy class sim Airplane Mode from tomorrow — Eurogamer.
- Airplane Mode: Live Action Trailer — YouTube.
- Airplane Mode Gameplay — YouTube.
- Gef the Talking Mongoose — Wikipedia.
- Gef! The Strange Tale of an Extra-Special Talking Mongoose — MIT Press.
- Dirty Diana — QCODE.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)
Follow the show:
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.